Saturday, August 23, 2014

Going Raw...For Dinner



                                       


Have you ever had a moment where you just really HATE food? And I'm talking with passion. I feel like every time my body gets sick of trying to digest the fat, greasy and fast foods that I cram down my throat it lets me know. I get this uncomfortable feeling in my chest that either has me reaching for Gas-X or a carrot. While sitting at my desk one day, dealing with the uncomfortable and awkward feeling of trying to swallow a belch that desperately wants to come out, I realized that I needed to make a change in my diet.

A few months ago I came across the YouTube channel Fully Raw Kristina. It's a food interest blog that is run by raw foodist, Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram. I became interested then but I pushed it off after I realized how difficult it would be to change my diet completely. So, since my body seemed to be desperate for some type of cleansing, I decided to visit her website and give one of  her recipes a try.

The first EASY thing that caught my attention was her Mango Avocado Noodle Salad. It only required a few easy things, which really is a huge bonus with raw food recipes. You don't need seasonings or sauces, so you don't have to worry about stressing over not having some type of  flavored powder that you've never heard of.

The recipe calls for mangoes, avocados, zucchinis, green unions and rosemary.





Easy enough right?




In order to make her veggies into pasta, Kristina often uses a spiralizer. But I don't own one of those so I decided to turn my pasta noodles into pasta squares...(ish).




I cut up one large mango and two small sized avocados and blended them up.



Once that was finished, I poured the sauce over the noodle squares, threw on some mushrooms, green unions and tajin (because tajin just makes everything better) and voila!





I made this a few nights ago, and I must say that after the cooking fail  I had tonight (interesting post coming soon) I realized how great it is to be able to cook without stoves, ovens, spices and watches. It really is a beautiful thing.




If your interested in checking out the exact recipe, check out this video and feel free to fall in love with the rest of her other videos. She really does have some creative ideas when it comes to fruits and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment