Sunday, August 17, 2014

Inner Beauty Is... Give me a sec

I wanted this post to be about inner beauty, but as I began to take notes on what I thought I wanted to say I realized that I had no idea what inner beauty actually consisted It's actually funny as I think about it, because i'm actually asking what does inner beauty LOOK like. Jeez! Can we not escape this whole "EYE of the beholder" fairy-tale. It seems that even our inward characteristics have a unique appearance that we are searching for. Why do I even bother?

No...but really...why am I trying so hard to achieve this whole, "I want to be beautiful in my heart," anyway? I mean, wouldn't it be easier to be like every other beauty/fashion blogger and just post pictures of myself with my fashion tips and tricks? Wouldn't that be a good way to boost my ego and fight my insecurities? Posting beautifully, edited selfies that strangers will hopefully leave flattering comments on? Oh yes, for the first few months of this blog, I was living the life. But in truth, it wasn't easy. My heart was not at ease, and I think it's because I did not feel as if my God was pleased. At the time, I didn't believe that my new-found interest in fashion blogging compromised my faith in any way, but as I dig deeper into my soul (I know, I know), I am coming to the understanding that by putting so much in to creating the right outfit, and adding the right commentary to go along with it was time consuming. It was time that was being taken away from serving my Lord and Savior. And by allowing this I was showing that there were more important things to put my energy towards.

I have to constantly remind myself that at the end of the day, when this world is gone this blog will be too. So it doesn't matter how many great  outfits I was able to style or even how many people subscribed to my blog. What matter's most is the Rock that will continue to stand.



No comments:

Post a Comment