Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Please Don't Ask Me Out From The Other Side Of The Room


It's hard to have a quiet and gentle spirit when someone is shouting at you from across the room. Ok, so I'm exaggerating, but in this matter, they might as well have.

I mean, what girl really wants to hear, "when you gon' let me take you to dinner?" while others are passing right through the conversation?

I think most girls are flattered when a young (or older) gentlemen takes notice of them. The media is selling us outer beauty and there are time where we sadly seem to take the bait. But the one thing that I find disturbing about being noticed  is the guy who finds the confidence (if you can call it that) to 'make a move' in a room that is swarming with family, friends and acquaintances in ear shot. To make this simple I'll just say that it is quite mortifying. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that no matter how flattering the comment or question might be it is still embarrassing when it is done in front people that you are close to, and even older people that you look up to. If and when people hear it, they instantly become intrigued. Their hearing gets a little better as they want, no, NEED to know what you will say. The "Asker" has now invited people into an intimate conversation who had no business being there in the first place.



As a Christian woman who is waiting patiently for the god-fearing, Jesus loving, people serving husband of my future, I know that each potential suitor that I find interest in or that finds interest in me has to have the qualities that I would need to see in a godly husband. Therefore the dating phase is something that is sacred. As you date, court, or whatever it is that we Christians do, we are pledging that we will think purely with one another and act purely with one another. We are to be gentle with each others feelings, weakness and flaws as we both continue on in our relationship with God. So how am I to expect that you will treat the dating process sacredly and with gentleness if you could not begin the initiation process sacredly and with gentleness?














Photo Credit: http://tinkerbelle86.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/embarrassed-girl.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment