Monday, August 11, 2014

Over Priced Shades Have Never Given Us Vision



I was listening to a Lecrae song the other day and I finally decided to write a post inspired by one of the lines from his Gravity  album.

 "And them overpriced shades have never given us vision."
                                              -"Mayday". Gravity

Every time I hear this line, no matter how many times I hear it, there is this nagging  light bulb that starts flickering and buzzing shines in my head. I mean, how many of us have paid or have known people who have paid in the double and even triple digits for a pair 'high quality" sunglasses? When you think about it, it's kind of ridiculous. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know for a fact that my "stylish" sunglasses always end up broken or forgotten. When I think about all the time I spent in stores, standing in front of a rotating tower of sunglasses, trying them on and breaking them in, only to buy and lose them in the end, it angers me.

Are overpriced shades helping me in any way?  Some will argue about the quality. But let's be real...sunglasses are really just an accessory. Something we only pull out on occasion. We use them to make our outfits look....sunny (for lack of a better description). Unless your eyes are legally going bad, sunglasses come no where close to being a necessity. So why are we paying so much for them?

                                         

  I got these glasses from the dollar store today. They may not seem as tinted as a pair of sunglasses that run for $70.00, but they get the job done....especially if you're going to use them as accessories.








2 comments:

  1. Love this! I lose sunglasses too easily to invest in expensive ones! Great post!

    -Caroline
    thequeenofthecloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete